We take young people on an interactive tour of how easily they can become drawn into gangs, the often life long consequences of a criminal record and a prison term, the range of sentences which are being applied by the courts to take entire gangs off the streets, the impact of Joint Enterprise, a visual tour through a male young offender unit, the prison regime and actual prison clothing, the dangers which accompany imprisonment, the impact of the offender's behaviour, particularly on the family and specifically on the mum before closing with demonstrations of anti crime technology.
- Who runs the project?: Ina Ross, CEO and Presenter
- What are the aims?: To dissuade and deter young people from engaging in gangs, antisocial behaviour, from carrying knives and guns, from using or selling drugs, to raise self worth and self esteem, particularly in young girls through a high impact, 60 minute interactive workshop which has been viewed by almost 100,000 young people across Greater London.
- Who does it benefit?: 11 to 18 year olds.
- Where is it based?: Other
- Add a specific location: Greater London
- Website address: www.outsidechance.org
- Contact name: Ian Ross or Victor Ramalho
- Contact phone: 020 8563 7700
- Contact postcode: W6 0LH
Read 1601 times Last modified on 01/03/12
Published in Drugs Practice
Login to post comments